Monday, June 14, 2010

Boys don't read? Banish the thought...

I've always heard that boys don't enjoy reading. And I never gave it much thought - until I had one. Now I'm determined to dispel the myth, and see that my little guy (let's call him Red Bull), enjoys reading just as much as his older sisters.

Now that he's 18 months old, we are reading picture books with Red Bull almost every day (when we can get him to slow down for more than 2 seconds, that is).

And I'm proud to report that he loves them even more than his sisters did. He visits our book basket on his own and scurries over with his choice in hand. Red Bull repeats words like ball and dog that he recognizes on the pages with a huge smile. An early success - woohoo!

Hopefully that will be one less thing to worry about. Now if we can just stop him from standing on the coffee table.

1 comment: