Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Ups and Downs

My "hun" (aka husband) is concerned that my writing projects may be stressing me out a little too much. Just the other day he stated, "No hobby should be stressing you out like this."

Um, hello - do you know who you are talking to?

I get stressed out making a grocery list, for heaven's sake.

So yes, when I have submitted an article idea to an editor, and they want a full draft by such-and-such date, I'm going to panic a little bit. But it's a good panic. An excited panic. Mostly a panic over finding the time to get it done.

The ups and downs - they change daily. I'm up that my article proposal has been accepted. Down as I try to get it completed before the deadline. Up when it is accepted for publication (And it was! Hooray!). Then down again, because I need to find the time to get back to work on my middle-grade manuscript, even though there's laundry to do and I have doctors to see (that little thing called my "real job").

The up/down cycle never ends for me with my writing. That's probably why I like it so much. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment